You are cared for, incredibly cherished, loved beyond your wildest dreams. This love knows no limits, is never-ending, and it never fails. This love isn’t based on merit; it’s not a love dependent on feelings-good days and bad. This love is perfect; we just have to be willing to accept it and embrace it in its purest form.
This love can only come from God. He adores us, has loved us since before we were born. He handpicked each of us to be created and included in His family. This sacrificial love displayed on a cross where Jesus was sent to die for us so that we can be saved and have a home in heaven with Him for all eternity.
John 3:16: “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.” (ESV)
Many of us have read about this love in our Bibles; we’ve been a part of community with conversation centered around this topic. And, while most of us will believe it, many days we find it hard to fully grasp the depth and magnitude of His love. On these days, we need to remind ourselves of how precious we are in our Father’s eyes. On these days, we need to know we’re loved and accepted just as we are.
On days when you begin to question how God feels about you, look to the list below as a reminder of just how truly loved you are. You are adored, and you are who He says you are.
- You are redeemed~Ephesians 1:7, Galatians 2:20, Hebrews 9:15
- You are forgiven~Psalm 86:5, 1 John 1:9, Psalm 103:12
- You are unique~Psalm 139:14, Genesis 1:27, Ephesians 2:10
- You are never alone~Joshua 1:9, 1 Corinthians 15:10, Exodus 14:14
- You are precious~Isaiah 49:16, Jeremiah 31:3, Zephaniah 3:17
- You are created with purpose~1 Peter 2:9, Jeremiah 29:11, Romans 8:28
- You are chosen~Ephesians 1:11, John 15:16, Deuteronomy 7:6
- You are empowered~Colossians 1:11, Luke 24:49, Philippians 4:13
- You are protected~Isaiah 41:10, 2 Thessalonians 3:3, Proverbs 19:23
- You are loved~Romans 8:35-39, Psalm 5:11-12, Ephesians 1:5, Romans 5:5, Psalm 31:7
Read these verses. Write them out. Place them somewhere you’ll see them each and everyday. Etch them into the deep recesses of your heart so that you’ll know, without a doubt, how completely loved you are.
If you missed our February Scripture Writing Challenge, check here to learn more about God’s perfect love. There’s also a free plan and a free download just for you!
If you missed last week’s post, check here for ideas on how to grow closer to God during your quiet time.
Check back next week for part two of “This is Love” series. I’ll go more in depth on how we can take God’s love and use it to love others well!